Sunday, April 29, 2007

TOV

well my Tour of Virginia adventure ended on the third stage. I had a dissappointing TT, where i just couldn't get my legs rolling for a 3.6 mile effort. In the stage 2 crit, I felt great just sat in on the difficult course and finished same time, just as planned which moved me up 23 places on GC. Stage 3 was a road stage with three categorized climbs, two cat 3s, then a cat 1. I made it over the first climb okay, near the back but not in the red. then there were at least two climbs that weren't categorized that sure felt like they should of been, and I was wearing down and dropped off the back on the second one. then managed some very uneffective use of the caravan to try and get back into the pack, blew a lot of energy and got dropped for good. a teammate wasn't too far behind and me and him chased until the second feed zone at 85 miles, where we were already 25 minutes down, with a cat 1 climb remaining, so knowing we we're destined to make the time cut, we loaded up into the team car.

it was pretty dissappointing but i've got way too much left on the agenda to dwell on it. so, one weekend of local stuff to get the legs moving then off too Lawence kansas for Collegiate Nationals where I will race the TTT and the RR. Then it is straight to Russellville Arkansas for Tri-Peaks Stage Race, then straight to Nashville for the Soto Memorial Stage Race. Then there will surely be some rest and family time, and time with my beautiful sarah beth. Then i can plan out the second half of the season.

addio

No comments: