Friday, May 26, 2006

Soto Memorial Stage Race: Stage 1



Stage 1: Time Trial 6.9miles

Well, finally got to get rolling today. It was a toasty 92 degrees and really humid. The course was rolling and rough pavement, with a couple of steep rises and sharpe corners. I opted for the deep carbon on the back instead of the disc. I didn't warm up for very long to try and hit the middle between being open and the risk of dehydration. I felt good from the gun and started fast. I rode pretty strong the whole time and just faded a little on the way back. My time was 17:00 which earned me 30th. I wasn't too stoked about that but mid pack is okay cause I got my worst event out of the way, so it can only get better. I start tomorrow 1:31 down to Cesar Grajales (Navigators), so I have some work to do to move up before the finish on monday. My LMC teammate Preston Anderson had a solid ride, and recorded a 16:55. So we both go into tomorrows criterium a little down on GC, but I think we can move up over the following stages.

No comments: